Requested documents for minor
If you want to study in France while your parents are residing outside of France and you will still be a minor on the day of your entry in France, you have to provide all the following documents in addition to the documents listed for short stay or long stay visas.
IMPORTANT: Please note that unless the unaccompanied minors go to study in France through recognized programs specialized in youth exchanges, applicants must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE making an appointment online, explaining their situation.
For a list of recognized youth exchange programs, please click here.
If you provide a FEDEX envelop to receive your passport at your residence’s address, this envelop MUST mention:
From: your address (NOT the address of the French Consulate)
To: your address
Personal appearance is required.
BE AWARE THAT THE PROCESSING TIME MAY BE OF TWO WEEKS
You will need to provide in addition to the other documents :
- A letter of admission ( pre-enrolment ) from the school where the applicant plans to study in France ;
- A notarized parental authorization, signed by both parents indicating the name and occupation of the person appointed as guardian of the minor for the duration of the stay.
- A letter of« Engagement de prise en charge » filled out by an educational organization in France, or the host family in France along with a copy of his/her residency card if the host is an alien.
- The previous school report or equivalent diploma of the baccalaureat.
- A vaccination certificate (diphtheria, tetanus, poliomyelitis).
- Proof of insurance : full health and liability coverage for the student overseas for the entire duration of their stay (original + 1 photocopy).
- The applicant’s birth certificate
IT IS MANDATORY TO HAVE AN APPOINTMENT ON LINE TO GET A VISA. NO APPOINTMENT WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Processing fees: by credit card (Visa, Mastercard) or cash (exact amount only). Personal checks or American Express are not accepted.